(Comment at Doll Dairies to enter here)
American Girl Beforever Maryellen Review and GIVEAWAY
Yes, you read that title correctly!! We got a HUGE surprise in the mail today from the PR team at American Girl – a very special visitor! As you know, the new Beforever doll, Maryellen Larkin debuts in stores tomorrow (except Scottsdale – they got her over the weekend) along with her collection of 1950’s inspired clothes and accessories to go along with her story, but we received a Maryellen doll today to review and then giveaway to ONE lucky Doll Diaries reader. (Be sure to read all the way to the bottom to find out how to enter.)
What a cutie! Maryellen comes in her meet dress which is a striped sundress with grossgrain ribbon trim, a crochet shrug with her initial on it, black Mary Jane style shoes, and a mint green grossgrain bow in her ponytail.
After Natalie opened the box she immediately took Maryellen outside for some photos. Her eyes a beautiful hazel color which is sort of difficult to capture in photos – you can see it better in some of our other shots. Her hair is different shades of red and strawberry blonde – much like you would expect for a girl growing up in the Florida sunshine.
Of all the photos I took, this one best shows off the various shades in her hair color.
Her hair comes styled in a high ponytail with some loose curls. Since we will be giving Maryellen away, I am not going to take her hair down and style it other ways. If we end up getting Maryellen for ourselves, I will definitely see how those bangs look with a variety of styles.
A closeup of her shrug with her initial. I love the colors they chose for her meet dress – the mint green looks beautiful with her hair.
Her shoes are a basic Mary Jane style that velcro on the side. I am really looking forward to seeing her other shoes close up – like the saddle shoes.
Another try at getting a good representation of her hazel eyes…
Without the shrug you can get a better look at the detail on the dress. The bow gives it a bit of a nautical/sailor feel.
A very 50’s feel to her shrug!
Showing off the dress without the shrug again. Looking at these photos again, I actually think Maryellen would be adorable with freckles!
Natalie always finds creative lighting and angles that make her photographs stand out!
SO!! How would you like to WIN Maryellen?
WHAT WE ARE GIVING AWAY:
- American Girl Beforever Maryellen Larkin 18″ doll and book ($115 value)
HOW DO YOU WIN???
- Mandatory entry – leave a comment below letting us know what items from Maryellen’s collection you like best OR why you like her story.
- Get bonus entries by letting your friends know about our giveaway. Get one extra entry for each of the following, but come back and leave a second comment telling us where you shared it:
- Leave your comment(s) no later than midnight September 12, 2015.
- Make sure your email address is right. We only use it to contact the winner and we will NEVER share it or publish it.
- You must be 13 or older to enter. If you are under 13, just ask your parent, grandparent, favorite aunt or uncle to enter for you!
- This giveaway is open to US addresses ONLY.
- We will be using the “And the winner is” plugin to select one (1) winner at random.